Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I'm not complaining bout the fringe benefits / I'm stuck with this dilemma cuz the Prada shoe fits..."

Keeping the list short tonight due to being extremely sleepy, not because I don't have much to be grateful for! Though today wasn't anything particularly out of the ordinary, it was a good day. Today I'm grateful for:
  • Kait Kerrigan & Brian Lowdermilk's music, especially Tales from the Bad Years. I've had "Pretty Girl Blues" stuck in my head all freakin' day, but I still love it. If I get a chance to do another recital or cabaret or something, I really want to sing some of their music. (LOVE "Not a Love Story" and "My Party Dress too, btw.)
  • The MOS (Merchandise Out of Stock) sale for those of us who work at Bath & Body. Basically, after we do inventory every year, we get a list from the company of products that will no longer be made, are no longer sellable, etc etc etc. Everything is perfectly good, we just can't sell it any more for one reason or another. So, all the sales associates get one bag, and we can buy whatever we can shove into it for only $5 total. For me, that included a $16 bubble bath, a couple of room sprays, a loofa, and a bunch of travel size shampoos and conditioners. Score!
  • The ridiculous videos they make for our store meetings. We had a meeting tonight to talk about some of the new products we're launching for Fall, and how to "make a personal connection with our customers to turn them from satisfied to loyal." These videos always include segments with our company VP being really overly excited, and "demonstrations" of customer interactions.... and the sales girls on the videos are so ridiculous! Seriously, who honestly tells a customer that the new scent is "sensual, intoxicating, edgy, and inspired by the latest European fashions!"??? Definitely spent most of the meeting just laughing at the video and then coming up with our own, more realistic ways to talk to people.
  • Cuppy's Coffee, the new(ish) coffee shop in my mall. Good coffee, chai, and smoothies, and better yet, they serve delicious salads and sandwiches that are a great alternative to greasy food court food. Had their asian chicken pasta salad and an iced chai during my dinner break tonight, and was oh so happy.
  • Getting to belt my face off tomorrow night - Rent callbacks! Not even nervous (... yet), just excited.
Good night, girls!

1 comment:

  1. I find it amusing/slightly odd that on our dinner breaks (which were at very similar times), we both ended up with the same drink. It's like we can somehow communicate without technology.

    ReplyDelete