Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 18: Re-Arked


I got back to Hot Springs late(-ish) last night. Philly was everything I had hoped it would be and more. It was so good seeing Nate and hanging out, and the city itself is even cooler than I thought it would be. It actually reminded me a lot of being in Seattle.

I spent my day sorting through all the pictures that my mom and I took while we were in Philly, and it makes me an odd sort of homesick. I say "odd" because Philadelphia has never been home. This was my first visit ever. But, as the corny saying goes, "Home is where the heart is," and but of my heart is with my brother. Being around him is being home.

But being back in my own home certainly has its advantages. I'm no longer a gypsy, wandering without a home. It always feels good to touch in with home base. But I can't wait to be a gypsy again and discover even more and hopefully making my way back to The City of Brotherly Love.
Pieces of my heart are a couple different places (Hot Springs, Seattle and now Philadelphia), but I don't see a problem with that. It's mine to give, and I'm looking forward to visiting the pieces I've left so far and leaving other pieces along the way.

Today, I am grateful for:
  • waking up in my own bed. No matter how comfortable I am somewhere else, I always sleep best in my own bed.

  • Chuck. I have the series out on Netflix, and it was waiting for me when I got back to Hot Springs. It's been something fun to watch while I sort through pictures and rest up.

  • all the pictures. It's nice to have something to hold onto the memories with, and I didn't have any current photos of Nate and me.

  • the free gift with purchase. I got my mom some Clinique stuff for her birthday, and I ended up getting some stuff for myself for free. (I'm giving her the cute make up bag, but she doesn't wear make up, so the rest is mine.)

  • sunshine. Hot Springs looks absolutely beautiful. It's only about 90 degrees, and the sun is glistening off the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment