Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 27: Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

I'm trying to figure out what shoes I have that I can tap together three times to end up at home. Red leather kitten heels? Patent-leather, deep wine, peep-toe pumps? Black gladiator slides? Flip flops? I will click every pair of shoes I own together if it takes me back to Seattle (or even Parkland).

Not that Hot Springs isn't a good place to be. This town is gorgeous, and this house it totally baller. I'm sitting in my bedroom that is larger than the common space in my college apartment, and I have my own entrance, walk-in closet, master bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub, personal entrance to the upper deck and a view of the lake. I'm definitely not complaining about the digs. They are beyond what I could ever ask for. And for that, I am incredibly grateful. This is an amazing house.

But I wish this amazing place was a little closer to the place that's really home. I know that it being away from everything is why it's good for me. It does get me away from all of my triggers while I learn to deal with them. But I miss people so much. I miss being able to walk through the places that hold so many memories for me. I miss face to face conversations with the people I care about.

But I'm just trying to focus on the good today. So, here is my list of gratefulness for the day:
  • my cell phone - It keeps me connected, mostly through text, to everyone.
  • Twitter and Facebook - It's nice to get life updates and be able to see pictures. Sometimes it gets me a little that I can't be there in real life, but it's always good to at least be able to see.
  • that I have the ability to visit - I'm not sure when it's happening next, but I'm committed to (and lucky enough to have parents who are committed to helping me) visit the Homeland. Those are my favorite trips.
  • the beginning of football season - I love me some football, and exhibition games have started. So. excited. I've got the Pro-Am Pigskin celebrity flag football game on in the background, and it makes me happy. Football is good anywhere.
  • the neighbor kids who made me laugh and then fear for my life today - The girl, probably nine-ish, was fishing, and her older brother, maybe eleven, was holing the fish at gunpoint after they were hooked, Totally safe...

2 comments:

  1. Hooker boots? I feel like they made quite a few appearances around here. Let me know when you figure it out and magically appear back in the northwest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion to try the hooker boots.

    ReplyDelete