Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 16: Family, Photo Ops and Food

Today is my last day in Philly.

But before we go, we get to go check out Independence Hall and go take a few more pictures with my phone to send to my West Coast friends. It's such a beautiful city that I find myself taking pictures of pretty much everything.

More and more, this is being added to the short list of places to move after I leave Arkansas. It has most of my requirements: big city, near water, good political scene, good arts scene, unique restaurants. The only thing it gets docked for is not being on the West Coast. But that gets cancelled out by its being the city my brother is in.

My last list of gratefulness from Philly:
  • the best dinner I have ever had (Coconut mojito, shrimp empanadas, chicken empanadas, chorizo, chicharonnes, ceviche, corn cakes and paella) that was followed by these amazing champagne truffles that Nate got for me at the local market
  • Wii Sports Resort - Nate, his girlfriend (Vanessa) and I all played a bunch this weekend while we were inside waiting out the heat. It was so much fun learning the game together and trying to beat our records.
  • getting to spend time with Vanessa - We went to high school together, but we ran in different circles. It's been fun really getting to know her and adding her to the family dynamic.
  • Love Park - My favorite place in Philly. It's absolutely gorgeous. Plus, it's Love Park. How could you not be happy at a place called Love Park?
  • Justin and Amy letting me send them upwards of 20 picture texts - I got so excited about so much in this city, and it was fun to be able to gush with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment