Monday, July 20, 2009

Freedom

Well, I have officially entered the "blogosphere." I am so excited to contribute to this blog and to share the experience with so many beautiful, strong, amazing women. I think that if we live from a place of gratitude and abundance rather than a place of victimization and lack we can do anything! We can move mountains. We can change lives, starting with our own. I'm so excited to be part of this movement to focus on abundance and gratitude and the wonderful opportunities we are given each day when we wake up breathing.

I wrote my first blog on my own yesterday and titled it "Paradigm Shift" because that is what I want to do, and it is what I want for the world. A shift from lack to abundance, from pessimism to blissful optimism, from victimization to empowerment, from war to peace, from hatred to love, from fear to acceptance...

So often people talk about the evils of technology, particularly TV and the Internet, and while I am jumping right on that bandwagon to keep kids "screen time" to a minimum, I am also sitting in awe of the wonder that is the Internet. While it can spread hatred and negativity and can keep us from connecting with nature and our fellow human beings, it can also bring people together from Tacoma to Colorado to Montana to Arkansas and beyond.

So today I am grateful for the Internet. Among many other things. A few of which are:
  • Rooibos Tea - It reminds me of South Africa and makes me feel all warm and tingly inside, unless I ice it, then it makes me feel all cool and tingly inside. :)
  • My foot healing quicker than I could have hoped for. Even though I'm still not ready for shoes, walking around feels pretty good, and on that note:
  • WALKING! and even more so:
  • DANCING. I am a true believer that everyone can dance. Though the song "Dancing through Life" looks at the concept as shirking responsibility, I love the idea of Dancing though Life, freeing ones self to live to one's own drummer, and DANCE!
  • My MARVELOUS cat Pooka. Though he chews up anything that resembles a cord he is one the most amazing blessings in my life every day.
  • My amazing Insulin Pump!
  • And the USA (see my other blog if you want to know how incredible it is that I'm saying this)
  • and Rooibos tea. I know I already said it, but I just took another sip and it is still amazing :)

Finally, I want to share an amazing poem which I'm sure most of you are familiar with. It is beautiful. And even though I call myself an atheist and don't believe in capital G God, that e.e. cummings seems to be referring to in this poem, it is one of the clearest expressions of gratitudes toward nature that I have ever come across, so sometimes I like to replace God with Gaia (or mother earth)

i thank You God for most this amazing

day : for the leaping greenly spirits of trees

and a blue true dream of sky ; and for everything

which is natural which is infinite which is yes


.
(i who have died am alive again today,

and this is the sun’s birthday ; this is the birth

day of life and of love and wings : and of the gay

great happening illimitably earth)


.
how should tasting touching hearing seeing

breathing any – lifted from the no

of all nothing – human merely being

doubt unimaginable You?


.
(now the ears of my ears awake and

now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
.
- e. e. cummings -

No comments:

Post a Comment