Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 312: In Loving Memory



My aunt CeCe died last night. I found out through my cousin's Facebook page as I checked a few things before I was going to head to bed. She had been in the hospital for a day or two when things unexpectedly, and quickly, got worse. So I walked out of my room, walked up to my father, sat down and told him that his sister had died. It was one of the hardest, most painful things I've had to do.

CeCe and I didn't see a ton of each other, but we always got along amazingly well when we were together. She gave some of the best hugs and always left a lipstick stain of love on your cheek. Her vibrance is something I won't forget. She was certainly one of my favorite people on my dad's side of the family.

I'll miss her.

Today has been a day of coping. It's been a day of sleeping, since I couldn't sleep through the nightmares last night. It's been a day of family, never leaving each other alone. It's been a day of frustration, since two guys who were supposed to do work on the house a few weeks ago showed up this morning unannounced and started drilling into the wall directly behind my bed. It's been a day of love, past and present.

Today, I am grateful for:
* Becca making me smile.
* the immense comfort that P gives me, even from far away.
* the time I had with CeCe.
* the memories I'll keep with me.
* all the loved ones I have.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. Call if you want...I'm making my way home tomorrow. Again: I love you.

    ReplyDelete