Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 272: Love being loved.

We periodically let Rufus off his leash to run freely in the neighborhood. There are no leash laws in our neighborhood, and he used to be a stray (so he's used to running around on his own), so it's not a big deal for us to just let Rufus off his leash and say, "have fun." He always comes back eventually.

Well, today he run around for three or so hours. It's not that we were worried about him, but my mom and I were headed into Little Rock, and we wanted to make sure he was home before we left (even though my dad was going to be home). So I went outside and called to him for a bit.

Rufus came running. He came bounding up the road with a giant smile on his face and came right for me to be fussed over. In that moment, I felt super cheesy. Because in that moment, I could tell exactly how much Rufus loved me.

Granted, Rufus is a dog. But still. How much both of my dogs love me has always been heart warming. There's something about seeing a face light up at the sight of me. It's an amazing feeling.

And it makes me think of other people who's faces light up and who makes my face light up.

Today, I am grateful for:
* being loved.
* finding the perfect dress.
* Chad, my William-Sonoma guy.
* good Thai food.
* cute earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment