Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 270: "You can't take the sky from me."

I had a minor freak out today. See, P wants to take me out for a nice night on the town, and I freaked out because I have nothing to wear. (Shallow, I know.) But the real freak out was because I have stuff to wear, it just doesn't fit. I bought all of my really nice dresses when I was skinny and, well, not eating. So I freaked out. Because I have hundreds of dollars of dresses that I can't wear anymore because of the weight gain.

The cool part about this freak out though was that I wasn't upset about the weight gain. I didn't feel the need to crash diet, and I haven't spent the day bitching that I'm fat. I just recognize that those clothes are from my super skinny days and wish I could still bust them out at a moment's notice.

So my mom and I are going shopping tomorrow. I confided in her, and we decided that I needed cute dresses that fit the Current Me. And the dresses that will never fit me again, I'm thinking of donating them so that girls can get some good use out of them since I can't anymore. Especially since formal season/wedding season is coming up.

All in all, it's been a really good day (post-freak out). Once I calmed down enough, I realized some absolute awesomeness about where I'm at mentally and where I'm headed physically.

It'll be nice to get the reminders of my old self out of my closet and to move in some dresses that show off the Me that I am now. I'm ready to have some fun nights out with P, but mostly, I'm ready to be happy with myself. For the first time since I can remember.

Today, I am grateful for:
* this new place I'm at mentally.
* being only eight days away from P.
* phone dates.
* honest fashion advice from L.
* encouragement from Amy and my mom.

1 comment:

  1. The title of your post made me smile. And then the post made me smile even more. *giant hug!*

    ReplyDelete